PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, March 25, 2012

~Bali Ho~

 Aloha and Welcome to Bali Ho~Last October 2011 we took a family vacation to Oahu Hawaii and stayed at Bali Ho, its a georouse and amazing home that belongs to a Doctor who our daughter works with. You can read about this beautiful rental here Bali Ho 

 A private driveway leads you through the hand crafted gates.

 Once behind the gates you are taken in by the beauty of the ocean and private beach. We even had our own pathway. You can see our flip flops and our grand kids sand toys.
 Pathway to our beach
 Our home for the week on the beach...I still dream of the sound of the waves.
 Looking back onto the house from our beach. The balcony has a walk around and the views were so pretty! We slept with our sliding doors open every night.
 See the walkway to Bali Ho.
 Aleena our grand-daughter coming out to the beach.

 I must say that walking in the sand is very tiring...I was so pooped out!
 The sunsets were created by God! they took my breath away!





 Just look at all the orange in the sky as the sun set. I don't think I can even finds the words that describes the beauty.
 We have many visitors..

 Gary spent many a long hour taking naps in the hammock, the hammock was right out our bedroom door.
 Bali Ho is very close to Turtle Bay located on North Shore Oahu..We were blessed to have experienced the turtles coming onto the beach..there were several and many came in twos...this guy was right in front of our house just taking a nap.. He didn't  move and look very sad..Our grand kids thought he was dead..We told them that the turtle was just sleeping and would go back into the ocean when he woke up.

 Just look at the size of this guy..amazing creature...



 This is a night shot our turtle was on the move...back into the ocean he went...

 So I know taking a picture of a phone booth seems silly...but I haven't seen a phone booth since I was a kid. No kidding!

 Aw! such beauty from
 the Floria that was  in full bloom.




 Driving in our car, the weather changed and we had tropical rains..

I long for Hawaii and the sunsets..the peacefulness of the ocean and the sand between my toes, and the drinky-poos...yummy!!!
So guess what Gary and I did today? We booked a trip for May to the island of Kauai Hawaii!
I can't wait...so do you think I can lose 35 pounds in a Month LOL....



25 comments:

Jenna said...

Hi Elizabeth and Gary! the pictures are just stunning, one day I'm going to go to Hawaii...it's on my bucket list... perhaps when my husband retires. Enjoy your wonderful vacation and take lots of pictures :o) I was catching up on your blog and noticed you had been sick, I hope your feeling much better, your in my prayers. Have a beautiful week~ Hugs Jennifer

Linda said...

Just beautiful!!! I LOVE Hawaii and have been several times. I took my daughter there for her 21st birthday......that was my last visit some 7 years ago. Loved visiting it again through yoru post!

Cindy said...

Oh fun!!! I would love to see Hawaii just once. I have never been there, but I love the ocean and sunny skies, so I know I would love it.
Hugs, Cindy

Vee said...

Ohhhh...nooo wonder you booked a trip back. What a great vacation that was! Beautiful photography and scenes.

Unknown said...

Having lived on Oahu for a several years, I can say you truly captured the beauty of this paradise. So happy you enjoyed your stay ...if only it last a lifetime, right?

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

~ GIVEAWAY ends 3/30 ~

Ana said...

Oh Elizabeth,
What breathtaking pictures. I have never been to Hawaii, but it's a dream of mine to one day be able to. So much beauty...truly a paradise. You are a very lucky girl. I'm sure May will be here before you know it. How exciting! Hope you and Gary have loads of fun.

Much love,
♥Ana

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Gorgeous photos!!! I've always wanted to visit Hawaii. Such beautiful water and amazing skies! Linda

Happy@Home said...

Oh, wow ... what a beautiful post. Bali Ho looks like an extra special place to stay and enjoy the amazing beauty that is Hawaii. Personally I think we Americans are lucky to include it as one of our states.
Your photos are all so gorgeous, especially the sunsets. I understand the phone booth photo as I was just wondering the other day if they still existed. Now I know that they do.
We have been to Oahu twice and stayed at Turtle Bay Resort. Last time we were there we thought we could move there, but then again maybe not because it is too far away from family. Oh well, a great place to vacation.
I hope you'll do a post on your upcoming trip to Kauai.

Catherine Holman said...

My sister and i took my daughter to Maui when she graduated from college several years ago. We had a fabulous time. You're a very lucky gal to go back again so soon!

Karie said...

OMGosh, Absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful pictures of an enchanting vacation. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Karie

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Looks like a little piece of heaven. Your pictures are fantastic. Beautiful sunsets.
I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. Love the beach and my toes in the sand too.
Now you can dream of your upcoming trip back to paradise.

Richard Cottrell said...

What a paradise. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Elizabeth, you have made me want a vacation to Hawaii, immediately! Those sunsets are beyond beautiful. The palm trees, flowers, the house, everything just looks like a wonderful place to be. Thanks for sharing the photos at the party.---------Shannon

Luanne said...

Love the Hawaii photos! My husband & I have never been there although we sent our son & his wife to Hawaii on their honeymoon. Being on the east coast, we go to the Caribbean. Our favorite place IN THE WHOLE world is the island of Anguilla. We have been there several times and will be going again on June 5 for 11 glorious days! Have a great day! Luanne

Krystal Kats said...

gorgeous I can't wait to visit there someday. I followed your blog through Jennifers blog.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Elizabeth, Loved these photos-I'm going to check out the info on renting the house(for my kids)but hubby are I are headed to Kauai in two weeks-I can't wait, I just hope it has stopped raining. We go every two years(helps keep hubby sane during the cold winter months in Co) and we have such a blast. We stay in Kapaa but have stayed other places as well...have lots to recommend if you've never gone there. Feel free to email me for suggestions. I'm trying to lose 8 lbs in two weeks.
Hugs, Noreen

Mariettes Back to Basics said...

Dearest Elizabeth and Gary,

Wow, you certainly had THE time of your life. What a lovely location right near the ocean. You show us nice photos from the perfect home, nice sunsets, the huge turtle etc. etc. Can't blame you for wanting to go back again. We had contemplated to go to Hawaii when we ended up going to Curacao, shorter and a lot cheaper. We were in the late 90s in Hawaii on the island of Oahu.
Love to you,

Mariette

Carol Cottrell said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I wonder if the turtles are like the sea turtles we have on the Southeast coast..They come up and lay their eggs in the sand. They look like they tear up as they do it.
Carol

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Oh my gosh! I know what destination I am definitely putting at the top of my wish list! These photos are fabulous and I could almost feel the ocean air! The little visitor on the wall is a little creepy, I must admit, but I think I could put up with him! The sunsets and the water scenes are amazing. I want to be there now! Linda

Roxanne Reinhart said...

I found you from Bunny Jeans Bl;og Hop and I am sooo jealous. That home on that beach is beyond amazing. The turtle..omg...the turtle...the sunsets, the beach, the ocean...incredible!!! Would love to see more photos.
Thanks!!!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Guys!
I am new to your blog, but glad I'm just in time for these fabulous pictures! How I'd love to go, too! I hope you have another fun time. I'm following and inviting you to our linky party as well. We'd love to have you!
Hugs,
Patti

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I adore Hawaii! I even named my little dog, who was a Christmas gift, Mele Kalikamuka. Yep, her registered name. :) We call her Mele. No one pronounces it right though.
The colors of plants in Hawaii are so fantastic. One day I think I will try and post my photo's taken long ago in Hawaii. Such wonderful memories!
Thanks for this lovely post and I am so glad the sea turtle was alright. He was HUGE!!

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, I love Hawaii! Been there twice. It is the only place I have vacationed where I wasn't ready to come home and hated to leave! Gorgeous sunsets! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

arrielle_p said...

WOW! Bali Ho is really a nice place to have a vacation with a family and friends. I feel like I just visited the place- literally :) The scenery is truly gorgeous. Thanks for the share! :)

manila condominiums

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Elizabeth!

i am so sorry it has taken me this long to visit and comment on your post. It looks like that was a wonderful vacation... such beautiful pictures.

Thank you for sharing this at my party!

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!